18 June 2010

Recent Purchases

Rather than posting things I lust after, I thought I'd list off some things I've actually purchased lately. Although the result is not quite as cute, I think it helps me to picture the direction in which my personal style is evolving.

Heels: although they were relatively expensive, I figured that they would be put to good use in Los Angeles this summer. I don't ever wear heels at school where I live (the mountains are way too treacherous!) so my anticipated city livin' excused the price tag.
Lipstick: in the pretty red color pictured. Again, just for living fabulously.
Blouse: on sale at Anthropologie.
Bra: $13 at Victoria's Secret, it might be The Hottest bra I've ever owned. The deep-v shape accentuates and the lace is just so damn pretty. I'm not sure why they show the dip-dyed color; I much prefer the others. Get one!
Books: To feed my mind. Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World(Murakami), The Unbearable Lightness of Being(Kundera), A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius(Eggers)--all recent classics, to my understanding. Got 'em used.

4 comments:

Ace said...

Ohhh It all looks lovely. I've got a few recent purchases too. Including some classics like Lolita and The Screwtape Letters, up next, Alice in Wonderland.

Mandy said...

love the shoes! who makes them?

Rebecca (Dog-Eared) said...

A company called Miz Mooz, I believe!

Unknown said...

Those bras are precisely what I've been searching for! I want one in every color - and thank goodness they won't break the bank!